Replace a motor tax document
If one of your motor tax documents has been lost, stolen or destroyed you should replace it. This guide applies to these documents:
- Tax disc
- Registration book/certificate
- Trailer licence card
Get the form
- Download the Replacement Document Form (RF134) - English
- Download the Aisíoc mótorchánach RF120 - Gaeilge
You can also get the form at your local Garda station.
Complete the form and bring it to your local Garda station
A Garda signs and stamps the form.
The current costs of replacement are as follows:
Document Replacement cost Tax disc €6 Registration book/certificate RF101 €12 Trailer license card €6
- If paying by cheque or postal order, make the cheque/postal order payable to Clare County Council Motor Taxation.
- For cheques, write your telephone number and vehicle registration number on the back of the cheque.
Submit the form and fee to the motor tax office
Send or bring the form together with the fee to the Motor Tax Office.
How long does it take?
For a tax disc, registration book or trailer licence replacement, if you apply by post we process your application on the day we receive it and post your replacement document to you that same day. If you apply in person we process the application and give you the document at the time.
After we process your application for a vehicle registration certificate in the Motor Tax office, the Department of Transport in Shannon issues the replacement certificate directly to you as the registered owner.