Skip to main content

Housing Rents

How is my rent calculated?

Local authority rents are based on a system called "differential rents". This means that the rent is based on your ability to pay, so if your income is low, your rent will be low; and if your income increases, so will your rent. 

How can I pay my rent?

  • Pay housing rents online
  • Household Budget (Deduction from social welfare payment)
  • Standing Order
  • Direct Debit
  • To your Account manager
  • To the Cash Office located in Ennis, (council headquarters), Ennistymon Area office and the Shannon, Kilrush, and Scarriff Municipal District.

How often must I pay my rent?

Rent must be paid weekly

For further information contact

Housing Section
Clare County Council,
Áras Contae an Chláir,
New Road,
Co. Clare
Telephone: (065) 6846211  (065) 6846550

Differential Rent Scheme

Page last reviewed: 10/09/19

Back to top